‘Babale’ file/ Ervin Salianji declare guilty with one year in prison. MP: I’m ready to go to jail!

Court of General Appeal has given the decision to the deputy of the Democratic Party, Ervin Salianji, regarding the “Babale” file.

It is known that the measure with one year of imprisonment was left in force. Immediately after the decision, the deputy spoke himself, who said that he will appeal.

Thus, Salianji has opposed the judges, giving several warnings. He said that he will campaign for the elections from prison.

“The court came with a pre-prepared decision. The last session was postponed to give the opportunity to the one who built this process from the beginning to the end, to give justice to Fatmir Xhafaj, and today the court made a decision to give it as evidence, but it was written.

In all elements, they have made a folder for propaganda. I have not fought for personal data, for drug trafficking or to steal. I am honored and have a medal that belongs to my political career.

I am available for gangs. I will be on an extraordinary campaign. I am the first political prisoner after 34 years. I will campaign for the elections from prison,” he said, among other things.

We remind you that Ervin Salianji was found guilty by the court of first instance in 2019 on the charge of “False Report” and was sentenced to 1 year of imprisonment. According to the prosecution, the 2 audio interceptions that Salianji published in 2018, where it was claimed that Geron Xhafaj, the brother of the then Minister of the Interior, Fatmir Xhafaj, was involved in the trafficking of narcotics, are edited and in this case they were including Fredi Alizoti, Albert Veliu and Jetmir Olldashi.

/abcnews.al

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …