Rama: State Oil Companies to Protect Consumers

Prime Minister Edi Rama, also Socialist Party leader, announced the creation of a state oil company. He said it will transform the hydrocarbon market and protect consumers.

At the Socialist Party Assembly in Unit 7, Rama addressed rising fuel prices due to the Middle East conflict. He explained that removing circulation tax would lower prices, but vehicle owners would pay four times more overall.

He noted that high consumers pay more and are the biggest polluters.

Rama said the new public company will manage strategic oil reserves. It will supply oil and influence prices in favor of consumers, not distributors.

He added that a joint public company with the UAE has replaced outdated concession practices. The company will improve fiscal stamps and oil marking to block smuggling.

Rama also warned that transit oil remains a gray area and risks entering the black market.

/a.c/

The post Rama: State Oil Companies to Protect Consumers appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …