FM Hoxha: Albania a committed and reliable NATO ally

TIRANA, April 1 – Albania marks 17 years of NATO membership, a milestone that strengthened its Euro-Atlantic course and national security.

In a post on X, Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs Ferit Hoxha described the anniversary as a decisive step toward the country’s future. He said Albania has proven itself a committed and reliable ally since joining the alliance.

Hoxha highlighted Albania’s active participation in NATO missions and operations. He added that the country has played a key role in promoting stability in the Western Balkans, including continued support for Kosovo’s Euro-Atlantic perspective.

The minister noted that Albania aligns fully with NATO development priorities. These include fair burden-sharing, increased defense investment, strengthened resilience, and adoption of new technologies in an increasingly complex security environment.

Looking ahead, Hoxha announced that Albania will host a NATO summit in the region for the first time. He said this reflects confidence in the country’s role and contribution within the alliance.

He concluded by stressing that Albania remains steadfast in its commitment to collective defense, peace, freedom, and shared values with its allies.

/a.p./

The post FM Hoxha: Albania a committed and reliable NATO ally appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …