Albanian power company signs 22.5 million euro deal with European Bank for Reconstruction and Development for underground substation

TIRANA, April 1 – The Albanian electricity company OSHEE signed a 22.5 million euro financing deal with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development. The agreement covers the construction of a new underground substation. Minister of Infrastructure and Energy Enea Karakaçi said the project will strengthen the power network. It will ensure a reliable electricity supply.

The 110/20 kilovolt substation will sit underground. This design improves safety and secures energy distribution in urban areas. Karakaçi said the investment meets growing demand. It also limits surface disruption during construction.

The project is part of the Green Cities program and the Tirana Green City Action Plan. It supports sustainable urban energy development. Karakaçi noted that recent reforms have boosted sector efficiency. They have also increased confidence from international partners. This deal exemplifies that trust.

Construction will start soon. The project will provide modern infrastructure and long-term stability. Consumers will benefit from more reliable service.

/a.p./

The post Albanian power company signs 22.5 million euro deal with European Bank for Reconstruction and Development for underground substation appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …