Interior minister says no real threat after US embassy warning on Iran-linked risks

TIRANA, April 2 – Interior Minister Besfort Lamallari said there is no reason for concern over a possible attack by Iran in Albania. He made the statement after debates in parliament and public reactions to a recent warning. He said authorities have no information indicating a real threat.

Lamallari explained that the United States embassy notice follows routine practice. He said such alerts inform American citizens worldwide and do not reflect a specific risk in Albania. He added that police, counterterrorism, public security, and criminal units remain in close contact with the embassy’s security office. According to him, this coordination confirmed the absence of any concrete intelligence on a real threat.

At the same time, Lamallari said authorities have strengthened security measures. He noted that police increased readiness earlier, based on international developments, not only after the latest alert. He said counterterrorism structures remain engaged and maintain continuous communication with diplomatic missions in the country. “Albania remains a safe country,” Lamallari said.

He also stressed that the State Police operates under a detailed action plan for all responsible structures. He said these measures aim to ensure stability and public safety across the country. Authorities continue to monitor developments and maintain preventive actions.

The statement follows a warning issued a day earlier by the United States embassy. The alert highlighted increased risks from Iran-linked groups amid the ongoing Middle East conflict. It noted that such groups may target United States-related entities and members of the Iranian opposition present in Albania.

/a.p./

The post Interior minister says no real threat after US embassy warning on Iran-linked risks appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Sokrat Vata testifies in court and admits to killing the young Portuguese man: I apologize to his family!

Euronews journalist Eni Ferati has obtained the testimony given before the Saranda Court by Sokrat Vata, the suspect in the killing of a 21-year-old Portuguese tourist, Luis Miguel Varela Mendes in Ksamil. Vata admitted responsibility for the killing but gave his account of the circumstances, claiming that amid the mass …

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …