Catholic Easter: believers join Way of the Cross procession in Tirana

On the eve of Catholic Easter, many believers gathered in Mother Teresa Square in Tirana for the Way of the Cross procession. The event brought together participants for a key religious ritual.

Holding candles and offering prayers, Catholic believers marked Good Friday with a solemn procession. Archbishop Arjan Dodaj of the Tirana-Durrës diocese led the ceremony. He said the gathering stands in solidarity with people affected by war and suffering worldwide.

Dodaj said God remains present with those who face hardship and uncertainty. He stressed that faith can guide society through challenges. He added that Tirana needs to rediscover spiritual values to build a better future. According to him, shared principles can strengthen the country.

During the ceremony, believers recalled the suffering of Jesus Christ. They followed the path from his condemnation to crucifixion and resurrection. Participants walked through the 14 Stations of the Cross, which represent the final stages of his life.

Good Friday marks the day of Christ’s suffering and death, while Easter celebrates his resurrection. After the procession in the square, believers moved to Saint Paul’s Cathedral to continue the service.

/a.p./

The post Catholic Easter: believers join Way of the Cross procession in Tirana appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …