Defense Minister Nufi: Albania focuses on air defence, cyber capabilities

TIRANA, May 15 – Defense Minister Ermal Nufi said Albania remains a reliable NATO ally and continues efforts to modernise the Armed Forces and the country’s military industry.

During a press conference, Nufi described the development of military and technological capacities as a key priority for the Armed Forces. He also highlighted preparations for civil emergencies during the summer season.

Meanwhile, Nufi said Albania is focusing on strengthening air defence and cyber defence capabilities to support collective security within NATO. He added that the country is increasing cooperation and interoperability with allies through joint operations and military exercises.

In addition, the minister pointed to investments in short and medium-range air defence systems, drone and anti-drone technology, armoured vehicles and security innovation. He also stressed the importance of cooperation with NATO allies and strategic partners.

Referring to civil emergencies, Nufi said the 2026 civil protection fund will increase to 1 billion ALL from 800 million ALL in 2025. He added that authorities have strengthened both human and technical capacities.

Meanwhile, Nufi said interest in joining the Armed Forces has increased by more than 90% over the past two years. He also described cooperation between KAYO and an Italian company in naval defence as a strategic investment linked to ship production in Vlora Bay Naval Base, technological development and professional training.

/a.p./

The post Defense Minister Nufi: Albania focuses on air defence, cyber capabilities appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …

News
Sokrat Vata testifies in court and admits to killing the young Portuguese man: I apologize to his family!

Euronews journalist Eni Ferati has obtained the testimony given before the Saranda Court by Sokrat Vata, the suspect in the killing of a 21-year-old Portuguese tourist, Luis Miguel Varela Mendes in Ksamil. Vata admitted responsibility for the killing but gave his account of the circumstances, claiming that amid the mass …

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …