EU enlargement commissioner Marta Kos begins visit to Kosova

TIRANA, May 15 – European Union Commissioner for Enlargement Marta Kos arrived in Kosova on Friday. She will meet senior state leaders in Prishtina.
Kos was received in the morning by acting President Albulena Haxhiu. She will later meet acting Prime Minister Albin Kurti. The agenda of the talks has not been made public. Kos said earlier that the visit focuses on reforms linked to the EU Growth Plan for the Western Balkans.

This is her first visit to Kosova since she took office at the European Commission on December 1, 2024. Since then, she has visited all other enlargement countries in the Western Balkans and the Eastern Partnership. She visited some of them more than once.

Meanwhile, EU officials linked the absence of a visit in 2025 to the lack of fully functional institutions during the political crisis. President Vjosa Osmani issued a decree on March 6. The decree dissolved the Kosova Assembly. A planned visit on March 12 did not take place.

Earlier, Kos told the European Parliament that she expects to visit Prishtina soon. She said she will discuss reforms under the Growth Plan. She also said she looks forward to continued cooperation with Kosova authorities.

Kosova received 61.8 million euros in pre-financing from the European Union on April 16. The funds come under the Growth Plan. The country ratified the relevant agreements and submitted the required documentation to the European Commission.

The EU Growth Plan for the Western Balkans 2024–2027 totals 6 billion euros. Kosova receives around 882 million euros. The package includes 253 million euros in grants and 629 million euros in loans.

Meanwhile, Kos also addressed the European Parliament Foreign Affairs Committee in April. She described developments involving the five EU member states that do not recognise Kosova as “encouraging”. She did not provide further details.

/a.p./

The post EU enlargement commissioner Marta Kos begins visit to Kosova appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …

News
Sokrat Vata testifies in court and admits to killing the young Portuguese man: I apologize to his family!

Euronews journalist Eni Ferati has obtained the testimony given before the Saranda Court by Sokrat Vata, the suspect in the killing of a 21-year-old Portuguese tourist, Luis Miguel Varela Mendes in Ksamil. Vata admitted responsibility for the killing but gave his account of the circumstances, claiming that amid the mass …

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …