Defense Minister Nufi at Civil Emergencies Support Base: We ensure faster response across the country

TIRANA, May 18 – Defence Minister Ermal Nufi visited the Civil Emergencies Support Base. He met Armed Forces personnel engaged in emergency response operations. The visit focused on wildfire preparedness ahead of the summer season.

Chief of the General Staff Lieutenant General Arben Kingji attended the event. National Civil Protection Agency Director Haki Çako also joined the visit. Generals, officers, non-commissioned officers and base personnel took part as well.

Nufi stressed the government’s commitment to strengthening disaster response capacities. He also highlighted efforts to increase operational readiness. According to him, institutions aim to ensure rapid and effective response in every part of the country.

Meanwhile, the minister said civil protection commissions have held meetings in all regions of Albania. Authorities focused on preventive measures and high-risk areas. They also updated response plans and strengthened interinstitutional cooperation.

In addition, Nufi highlighted increased financial support for local government units. He said authorities allocated around 800 million lek for 2025. Funding for 2026 will exceed 1 billion lek.

He also said the base now operates with modern emergency equipment. The capacities include firefighting vehicles and operational units. Personnel also use protective gear and a mobile operational centre. The base also operates drones with thermal cameras and helicopters equipped with the “Bambi Bucket” system for aerial firefighting.

The minister underlined cooperation with the National Civil Protection Agency. According to him, the agency coordinates the national civil protection system and cooperates with international partners and the European Civil Protection Mechanism.

Ahead of the summer season, Nufi called on citizens to show greater responsibility and vigilance. He stressed the importance of prevention and rapid reporting of risks. He also said civil protection remains a shared responsibility for all citizens.

At the end of the visit, Nufi thanked base personnel for their readiness, dedication and service.

/a.p./

The post Defense Minister Nufi at Civil Emergencies Support Base: We ensure faster response across the country appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
“Ah Theth” Festival Begins with Music, Sports and Adventure in the Albanian Alps

Theth welcomes the “Ah Theth” festival this weekend. The festival combines music, sports, adventure and tradition. It takes place from August 21 to 23. The event features two nights and three days of activities. Visitors can enjoy events from sunset to sunrise amid the spectacular landscapes of the Albanian Alps. …

News
Karakaçi: Albania Reaches Over 600 MW in New Renewable Energy Capacity

Albania has reached its target of more than 600 MW in new renewable energy capacity ahead of schedule. Minister of Infrastructure and Energy Enea Karakaçi said the energy sector reforms are producing concrete results. He said the government is modernizing the legal framework and aligning it with European Union standards. …

News
Nufi in Puka’s Gojan i Madh: Wildfires Under Control

Defense Minister Ermal Nufi visited Gojan i Madh in Puka on Friday evening. He inspected the situation after wildfires affected the area. Nufi said the situation had been difficult during the day. However, firefighting teams brought the fires under control after several hours of work. He praised the local forces …