Gashani: Kosovo Working to Meet Highest Standards for Mediterranean Games

Blerim Gashani said that Kosovo is working to ensure that it organizes the Mediterranean Games at the highest European standards.

He announced that the First International Conference on the Security of Major Sports Events was held in Prishtina. The event is part of preparations for the “Prishtina 2030” Mediterranean Games.

The conference brought together officials from Kosovo and international partners. Among them were Interior Minister Xhelal Sveçla and French Ambassador Olivier Guérot.

They discussed security planning based on the experience of the Paris Olympic Games. As a result, they focused on improving coordination and institutional readiness.

Gashani stressed that success is not achieved only on the opening day of the Games. Instead, it is built through daily planning, cooperation, and commitment.

He added that Kosovo is working continuously to ensure full preparedness. Consequently, the goal is to deliver a high-quality international sporting event.

Finally, he said that “Prishtina 2030” should leave a lasting legacy for sport and youth in Kosovo.

/a.c/

The post Gashani: Kosovo Working to Meet Highest Standards for Mediterranean Games appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …