Albania Officials React to Fatal Tirana–Durrës Highway Accident

Deputy Prime Minister Albana Koçiu has expressed condolences after a tragic accident on the Tirana–Durrës highway left one person dead and several others injured.

In a statement on social media, Koçiu described the news as “shocking” and offered her deepest condolences to the family of the victim. She also expressed solidarity with those injured in the crash.

She wished the injured a speedy recovery and said she hoped they would soon return safely to their families after receiving medical treatment.

Koçiu said the tragedy deeply affects everyone and emphasized continued support for those going through this difficult time.

Meanwhile, the Ministry of Health and Social Protection confirmed that medical teams treat 12 injured people at the University Trauma Hospital, including 7 in serious condition. Among them are a child and a minor.

Authorities also confirmed that one passenger arrives at the hospital without signs of life.

The accident occurs on Tuesday afternoon on the Tirana–Durrës highway, when a minibus traveling on the Berat–Tirana route leaves the road and overturns.

Emergency services respond immediately. Police, firefighters, and ambulance teams arrive at the scene, provide first aid, and rescue passengers from the vehicle.

/a.c/

The post Albania Officials React to Fatal Tirana–Durrës Highway Accident appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …