Deadly Minibus Crash on Tirana–Durrës Highway Leaves One Dead and Several Injured

A serious accident occurred on Tuesday on the Tirana–Durrës highway, when a minibus on the Berat–Tirana line left the road and overturned.

Emergency teams responded immediately. Police, firefighters, and ambulance crews arrived at the scene and rescued passengers while providing first aid to the injured.

Authorities first reported two deaths and 15 injured. However, they later confirmed that one person died, the 36-year-old bus driver, while 12 passengers were injured.

Officials said 7 injured people are in serious condition, while 5 others suffered minor injuries and remain out of danger. Medical teams continue to treat all patients.

A child was also injured in the crash. Medical staff initially reported the child as dead due to confusion at the scene. However, doctors later revived the child, who was transferred to the Military Hospital and remains in intensive care.

Police said the bus likely lost control and crashed into the central barrier. They confirmed that no other vehicles were involved. However, investigators continue to examine the exact cause.

A special investigative team, led by the Prosecutor’s Office, continues work at the scene to determine the cause of the accident and complete the legal documentation.

/a.c/

The post Deadly Minibus Crash on Tirana–Durrës Highway Leaves One Dead and Several Injured appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …