EU Commissioner Marta Kos: Albania Meets Key Interim Standards

EU Commissioner for Enlargement Marta Kos says that Albania has met the interim benchmarks for the fundamental cluster, marking an important step in the country’s EU accession process.

In a post on X, Kos also says that Albania receives a positive assessment in the IBAR report. She says the Cypriot Presidency of the EU Council gives strong momentum to the enlargement process.

Kos adds that the EU opens ten negotiation chapters with Ukraine and Moldova, while it closes four chapters with Montenegro. She also confirms that Albania meets the interim requirements for the fundamental cluster and will soon begin closing negotiation chapters.

Furthermore, Kos notes that the EU starts work for the first time in 17 years on an accession treaty for a new member state, while it presents a financial package supporting Montenegro’s accession process.

She concludes by thanking the outgoing Cypriot Presidency and expresses readiness to continue work with the incoming Irish Presidency.

/a.c/

The post EU Commissioner Marta Kos: Albania Meets Key Interim Standards appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …