FM Hoxha says EU enlargement is strategic necessity for Europe

TIRANA, July 1 – Foreign Minister Ferit Hoxha said EU enlargement is a strategic necessity for Europe’s security, stability and competitiveness during a conference in Luxembourg on EU support for the Western Balkans, held by the European Court of Auditors.

The Albanian chief diplomat said the Western Balkans and the European Union share an inseparable future, while EU membership remains Albania’s national project guiding reforms and foreign policy.

He described the EU Growth Plan as a practical instrument that rewards reforms and strengthens governance and accountability. The top Albanian diplomat said Albania has already secured 212.8 million euros, the highest amount in the region, following successful implementation of reforms.

The foreign minister also called for a clearer link between Growth Plan reforms and the accession process. He said this would improve both speed and quality of implementation, while the Western Balkans Investment Framework ensures reforms and investments move in parallel toward EU convergence.

In conclusion, Hoxha underlined that enlargement is a shared responsibility. Candidate countries must continue delivering reforms, while the European Union must recognize and reward real progress to maintain trust and credibility.

/a.p./

The post FM Hoxha says EU enlargement is strategic necessity for Europe appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …