Communication Service Marks 95th Anniversary, Nufi Calls It Key to National Security

The Cyber and Communication Command of the Albanian Armed Forces marked the 95th anniversary of the Communication Service today.

The ceremony brought together Minister of Defense Ermal Nufi, Chief of the General Staff Lt. Gen. Arben Kingji, senior officers, non-commissioned officers, civilian staff, soldiers, and veterans.

In his address, Nufi emphasized the strategic role of the Communication Service. He said it remains a key and irreplaceable component of the Armed Forces.

Moreover, he stressed that no military operation can succeed without secure communication systems. He also expressed gratitude to all generations who have served in the structure.

In addition, he praised both veterans and active personnel for maintaining communication and cyber defense systems. Furthermore, Nufi highlighted Albania’s progress as a NATO member.

He said the country has significantly expanded its communication and cyber defense capacities. As a result, Albanian systems now fully interoperate with NATO platforms.

Consequently, this ensures secure and reliable communication during joint operations. Meanwhile, he credited continuous investments in technology and human resources for this progress.

Similarly, he underlined the importance of international cooperation. In particular, he highlighted strategic cooperation with the United States.

He noted that partnerships with allies have strengthened training standards and modernized infrastructure. Therefore, he said these developments have fully integrated Albania into NATO’s security architecture.

Finally, he stressed that the modernization of the Armed Forces remains a top government priority.

/a.c/

The post Communication Service Marks 95th Anniversary, Nufi Calls It Key to National Security appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …