Albanian Polyphony Performed in Udine, Italy

The Director of the National Theatre of Opera, Ballet and Folk Ensemble, Aulon Naçi, shared images on social media from the ensemble’s concert in Udine, Italy.

He said another important chapter in the international journey of Albanian iso-polyphony concluded successfully in Italy. The performance took place within the Piccolo Opera Festival 2026.

The Albanian National Folk Ensemble presented traditional iso-polyphonic music at the Santo Stefano Protomartire Church in Udine. The concert brought authentic sounds of a centuries-old tradition to the Italian audience.

The performance received strong applause and positive appreciation from the public. It also highlighted the global value of Albanian iso-polyphony, which UNESCO has recognized as Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.

The ensemble said it continues to promote Albania’s cultural heritage on international stages. It added that it will present more performances abroad throughout the summer.

/a.c/

The post Albanian Polyphony Performed in Udine, Italy appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …