National Emergency adds 13 new ambulances, Health minister Sala: They function as “mini intensive care units”

TIRANA, July 2 – Albania’s National Emergency Service has added 13 new ambulances to its fleet, aiming to strengthen emergency response and lifesaving care across the country.

During the inauguration ceremony, Health and Social Protection Minister Evis Sala said timely first aid remains the most important factor in saving patients’ lives. She added that 36 seasonal health centers are operating nationwide during the summer, with the medicines and equipment needed to serve residents and visitors.

The health minister described each ambulance as a “mini intensive care unit,” saying the vehicles provide the equipment needed to stabilize patients before they reach hospital.

Meanwhile, Sala said about 12,000 tourists received medical care at the seasonal health centers during the past week. She noted that foreign visitors accounted for one quarter of those patients. She also stressed that close coordination among health centers, the National Emergency Service and hospitals remains essential for delivering timely and effective care.

National Emergency Director Skënder Brataj said all 13 ambulances meet the same medical standards and carry full emergency equipment. He added that each vehicle can operate independently for between 15 and 20 hours and can serve every part of Albania.

/a.p./

The post National Emergency adds 13 new ambulances, Health minister Sala: They function as “mini intensive care units” appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …