Deputy PM Koçiu: Children must be kept away from political activities, use in protests is unacceptable

TIRANA, July 2 – Deputy Prime Minister Albana Koçiu reacted on social media, condemning the involvement of children in political activities. She called for stronger protection of minors from adult political conflicts.

Koçiu said recent images circulating in public are concerning. She said they show children exposed to a divisive climate that does not serve their interests.
She said the use of children to express political frustration crosses a “red line.” She stressed that the issue is not about politics or the right to protest. She said it concerns responsibility toward children’s education and wellbeing.

Koçiu said children should hold books, pencils and toys that develop their minds. She said they should not be used to advance adult political agendas. She said violence, hate speech and street politics must never become children’s environment.

She said exploiting minors for political purposes represents a serious violation. She called it unacceptable for any actor in society.

Koçiu said the issue requires responsibility toward the younger generation. She said society must ensure a healthy educational environment based on values and free from conflict. She added that this is essential for raising citizens of a European Albania.

/a.p./

The post Deputy PM Koçiu: Children must be kept away from political activities, use in protests is unacceptable appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …

News
Sokrat Vata testifies in court and admits to killing the young Portuguese man: I apologize to his family!

Euronews journalist Eni Ferati has obtained the testimony given before the Saranda Court by Sokrat Vata, the suspect in the killing of a 21-year-old Portuguese tourist, Luis Miguel Varela Mendes in Ksamil. Vata admitted responsibility for the killing but gave his account of the circumstances, claiming that amid the mass …

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …