Electronic communications authority completes 10 of 11 parliamentary recommendations

TIRANA, July 3 – Albania’s Electronic and Postal Communications Authority has completed 10 of 11 recommendations issued by Parliament while continuing to align the country’s electronic communications legislation with European Union rules.

Speaking before Parliament’s Committee on Natural Resources, Infrastructure and Sustainable Development, the authority’s chairman, Gentian Sala, said the institution is preparing five additional regulatory acts to complete legal alignment with the European Union acquis and strengthen the electronic communications market.

Meanwhile, Sala said expanding the 5G network remains a strategic priority. He noted that stronger market competition has accelerated deployment, while the authority continues to monitor infrastructure coverage, particularly at ports and airports.

In addition, Sala reported that Albania had 2.1 million internet subscribers by the end of 2025. Fixed fibre-optic connections reached about 733,000, internet service quality improved by 17%, and the fibre-optic network expanded to roughly 6,000 kilometres.

The authority also continues to monitor service quality, protect consumer rights, handle customer complaints, advance the release of the 700 MHz frequency band, and combat digital piracy.

According to Sala, the institution is now focusing on implementing the remaining parliamentary recommendation.

/a.p./

The post Electronic communications authority completes 10 of 11 parliamentary recommendations appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …