Albania and European Commission to sign agreement on EU staff exchanges in September

TIRANA, July 3 – Albania will sign an agreement with the European Commission in September to allow Albanian public officials to work for fixed periods at European Union institutions, Minister of State for Public Administration and Anti-Corruption Adea Pirdeni said.

Pirdeni said the initiative will strengthen the skills of Albania’s public administration while bringing it closer to European administrative standards ahead of the country’s European Union membership.

Meanwhile, the minister described the programme as an important career development opportunity for Albanian civil servants. She added that the government plans to launch the initiative shortly after signing the agreement.

In addition, Pirdeni announced that the government has approved a new decision establishing the criteria and conditions for rewarding public officials. The framework also introduces innovation awards for the public administration.

According to the minister, the new system will recognize officials who contribute to meeting Albania’s European Union accession benchmarks.

/a.p./

The post Albania and European Commission to sign agreement on EU staff exchanges in September appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …