Hoxha: Democracy Comes from Dialogue, Not Force or Intimidation

Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs Ferit Hoxha commented today on last night’s protest in the capital. First, he said democracy, freedom, and rights are not given but earned through effort, sacrifice, and responsibility.

He also said they come from dialogue and wisdom, not intimidation or imposition. In addition, he referred to the protest in a social media post, contrasting peaceful civic action with what he described as disorder and confrontation.

He said citizens expressed concerns ranging from environmental protection to public debate, but he criticized the presence of violence and polarization. Furthermore, he emphasized that Albania’s future depends on building a modern, democratic, and European state.

He said the vision of “Albania 2030” and EU membership can only be achieved through work, commitment, and long-term planning. Finally, he called for unity and stressed the role of youth in building the country’s future.

/a.c/

The post Hoxha: Democracy Comes from Dialogue, Not Force or Intimidation appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …