Parliament committee approves resolution on RTSH activity for 2025

TIRANA, July 6 – The Parliamentary Committee on Civic Initiatives, Cooperation and Institutional Oversight approved on Sunday the draft resolution assessing the activity of Albanian Radio Television (RTSH) for 2025.

Earlier in the session, RTSH Director General Eni Vasili said digital transformation remains a core institutional priority in cooperation with the European Broadcasting Union (EBU). She said RTSH will launch its OTT platform in September as the first step of the strategy.

The digital aspect is one of the priorities we have set together with the EBU. We call it ‘digital first’. We live in a digital time. The first step is the launch of our OTT platform in September. Each of you can have an RTSH app on your phone or smart TV and watch RTSH channels and more online. We will also increase our presence on social media as part of this strategy,” Vasili said.

She also said RTSH funding has remained unchanged for more than a decade. She added that most spending goes to salaries, social insurance and energy. Vasili said outdated transmission technology requires urgent investment. She noted that limited funds remain for production.

RTSH Director General also highlighted children’s and youth programming as a daily challenge. RTSH has secured 16 new documentaries from the EBU for adaptation into special programmes. Meanwhile, she announced a new format, “Little Dancers”, planned for September–December 2026, along with weekend children’s programming in cooperation with the Puppet Theatre.

Vasili reiterated that RTSH must fully embrace digital transformation, including platforms, infrastructure, on-demand services and cybersecurity, along with archive digitisation and editorial reform.

/a.p./

The post Parliament committee approves resolution on RTSH activity for 2025 appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …