Ministry of Defence reports 16 wildfire hotspots across Albania, five active but under control

TIRANA, July 6 – The Ministry of Defence said 16 wildfire hotspots were recorded across Albania during the day under the coordination of the National Civil Protection Agency.

Meanwhile, the ministry said five active hotspots remain under control. It added that operational structures continue work to fully extinguish them.

Operations took place in several areas, including Hajdaraj/Synej in Kavaja, Driza–Peshtan in Fier, Tale in Lezha, Ulën in Elbasan, and Divjaka. Authorities also engaged additional teams in other affected zones.

In addition, 261 operational forces took part in the response. Fire services deployed 40 firefighting vehicles. The Armed Forces contributed 30 personnel and 2 firefighting vehicles. Helicopters also supported aerial operations. Police, the Rapid Intervention Force, forestry services, local emergency structures, and health services also joined the response.

At the same time, the ministry thanked helicopter pilots and crew members for their support during difficult conditions. It also praised Armed Forces personnel for ground operations and coordination.

The ministry expressed gratitude to municipal fire services in Fier, Kavaja, Lezha, Kurbin, Elbasan, Divjaka, Rrogozhina, Lushnja, Durrës, and Kamëz for their role in protecting lives, property, and the environment.

/a.p./

The post Ministry of Defence reports 16 wildfire hotspots across Albania, five active but under control appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …