RTSH Governing Council head outlines reforms for RTSH Parliament channel, archives and auditing

TIRANA, July 6 – RTSH Governing Council Chairman Fatjon Hoxhalli said the public broadcaster is strengthening the structure of the RTSH Parliament channel as part of a broader effort to modernize its operations.

Speaking at the parliamentary Committee on Citizens’ Initiatives, Cooperation and Institutional Oversight, Hoxhalli said the channel has operated with a limited structure so far, although it introduced several current affairs programs during 2025. Meanwhile, RTSH is working with the Albanian Parliament to build a stronger editorial team and launch a fuller schedule with explanatory and analytical coverage of parliamentary work.

He added that RTSH will place the channel under its news division, while Parliament will establish a dedicated team to ensure full transparency of its activities. As a result, the broadcaster aims to introduce the new programming in the next parliamentary session.

In addition, Hoxhalli described the full digitization of the RTSH audiovisual archive as a national priority to protect Albania’s audiovisual heritage. He said RTSH requested about ALL 200 million for the 2026 budget, although the allocation did not receive funding. The broadcaster is therefore exploring alternative financing and preparing a technical assessment. Earlier, RTSH also launched a project to publish part of its archive on a dedicated YouTube channel.

Hoxhalli also said recent financial, legal and thematic audits identified serious administrative and legal weaknesses. He added that RTSH plans further audits and an organizational restructuring in early 2026 to improve efficiency and strengthen the institution’s internal audit unit.

/a.p./

The post RTSH Governing Council head outlines reforms for RTSH Parliament channel, archives and auditing appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Sokrat Vata testifies in court and admits to killing the young Portuguese man: I apologize to his family!

Euronews journalist Eni Ferati has obtained the testimony given before the Saranda Court by Sokrat Vata, the suspect in the killing of a 21-year-old Portuguese tourist, Luis Miguel Varela Mendes in Ksamil. Vata admitted responsibility for the killing but gave his account of the circumstances, claiming that amid the mass …

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …