Second phase of soft loan scheme opens, applications due by July 31, official says

TIRANA, July 6 – The second phase of the municipal soft loan scheme opened on July 1 after the completion of the first stage, a city official said.

He said 2,500 applicants were approved in the first phase out of 4,909 applications. However, he added that several applicants were excluded for not meeting income criteria.

Dritan Dango, Director of Civil Protection at Tirana Municipality, said the income threshold determines eligibility. Meanwhile, he explained that applicants with salaries above 10,000 ALL were excluded as they qualify for standard bank loans.

He noted that for couples, combined income must not exceed 15,000 ALL. In addition, slightly higher limits apply for families with children.

Dango said selected applicants must submit required documents to the municipality protocol office by July 31. He added that the final list of beneficiaries will be determined in the third phase.

He said around 1,500 people are expected to benefit from the scheme. Moreover, a municipal commission composed of several departments will carry out the selection process.

He also said loan values vary depending on family structure. For couples, the maximum loan reaches 7,100,000 million ALL, while larger families may receive up to 13 million ALL.

In addition, Dango said the municipality covers the interest, while beneficiaries pay about 2 percent. Monthly instalments range from 8,000 to 15,000 ALL, depending on the loan size and repayment period.

/a.p./

The post Second phase of soft loan scheme opens, applications due by July 31, official says appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …