Assembly of Albania forms subcommittee on public information integrity and disinformation

TIRANA, June 29 – Parliament held the inaugural meeting of the Subcommittee on Public Information Integrity, Disinformation and Foreign Interference under the chairmanship of Iris Luarasi. The subcommittee includes Iris Luarasi as chair, Agron Gjekmarkaj as deputy chair, and Ardit Bido, Arbjan Mazniku and Greta Bardeli as members.

Meanwhile, the subcommittee will monitor, analyse and address issues related to foreign interference, disinformation and information manipulation. It will also focus on protecting democratic processes, safeguarding the integrity of public information and supporting media freedom. In addition, its mandate covers policies, institutional mechanisms and technological developments affecting the information and digital environment. It will also coordinate with national security institutions and international partners.

Finally, Luarasi said the next meeting will begin work on the subcommittee’s programme and activity calendar for 2026–2027. She said the plan will follow the objectives of the national strategy against foreign interference and disinformation.

/a.p./

The post Assembly of Albania forms subcommittee on public information integrity and disinformation appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …