Deputy PM Koçiu: Surrounding institutions is not protest but attempt to trigger conflict

TIRANA, July 3 – Deputy Prime Minister Albana Koçiu reacted after the protest outside Parliament, where she condemned violence against state institutions.

She said in a social media post, accompanied by video footage, that surrounding institutions with physical and verbal violence does not represent democracy or protest. Instead, she described it as an attempt to trigger conflict and confrontation.

At the same time, Koçiu criticized what she called contradictory behaviour among protesters. She argued that some actors present themselves as defenders of democratic values while engaging in actions that increase tension.

Meanwhile, she stressed that responsibility remains individual in cases of violence. She said every person who uses violence or threatens public order will face legal action.

In addition, Koçiu underlined that accountability applies without exception when state institutions come under attack.

She also described violent actors as distorting peaceful civic protest and spreading hate speech that blocks normal communication channels.

/a.p./

The post Deputy PM Koçiu: Surrounding institutions is not protest but attempt to trigger conflict appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …