Economy minister: Economic growth to provide ALL 17 billion in extra support for pensioners in 2026

TIRANA, July 2 – Economy and Innovation Minister Delina Ibrahimaj said Albania’s economic growth will finance additional support for pensioners, with total extra assistance reaching ALL 17 billion during 2026. Speaking at a meeting with pensioners attended by Prime Minister Edi Rama, Ibrahimaj said recent economic growth has allowed the government to direct more resources toward retirees. The economy minister said higher budget revenues, stronger business activity and rising wages over the past five years have created the financial basis for expanded social support.

Meanwhile, Ibrahimaj said the government has indexed pensions every year to protect purchasing power against inflation. She added that the current mandate introduced monthly pension bonuses instead of a single annual payment. The economy minister said the government aims to raise the average pension to €400 for retirees with full contribution records and to €220 for those with partial contribution records by the end of the mandate.

In addition, Ibrahimaj said the government allocated ALL 10.4 billion for monthly pension bonuses in 2026. She added that authorities have started distributing the ALL 5,000 summer bonus to more than 777,000 pension and special financial support beneficiaries. According to the economy minister, bonuses, pension indexation and other support measures will total about ALL 17 billion, or €170 million, during 2026.

/a.p./

The post Economy minister: Economic growth to provide ALL 17 billion in extra support for pensioners in 2026 appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …

News
Sokrat Vata testifies in court and admits to killing the young Portuguese man: I apologize to his family!

Euronews journalist Eni Ferati has obtained the testimony given before the Saranda Court by Sokrat Vata, the suspect in the killing of a 21-year-old Portuguese tourist, Luis Miguel Varela Mendes in Ksamil. Vata admitted responsibility for the killing but gave his account of the circumstances, claiming that amid the mass …

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …