EU Growth Plan: Albania leads Western Balkans as reform reporting enters new phase

TIRANA, July 2 – Western Balkan countries have until July 15 to submit progress reports under the European Union’s Growth Plan after the fourth reporting period ended on June 30.

The European Commission will review the reports before approving payments. Commission spokesperson Guillaume Mercier said the Reform and Growth Facility rewards results. He stressed that the Commission releases funds only after countries fully implement their agreed reforms.

Mercier said countries fully completed or advanced 78% of the reforms scheduled during the first three reporting rounds, while 22% remain stalled. He also warned that the Commission may withhold funding and redirect it to better-performing beneficiaries if countries fail to deliver within one year.

Meanwhile, Kosovo’s chief negotiator with the EU, Jeton Zulfaj, said Kosovo risks losing more than 40 million euro because it failed to implement reforms on time.

Albania remains among the region’s top performers. European Commission data show Albania completed 33 reform steps and earned more than 212 million euro. Montenegro completed 32 reforms and received nearly 90 million euro. North Macedonia implemented 22 reforms and collected more than 142 million euro.

The EU Growth Plan allocates 6 billion euro to the Western Balkans for 2024-2027, including 2 billion euro in grants and 4 billion euro in concessional loans.

/a.p./

The post EU Growth Plan: Albania leads Western Balkans as reform reporting enters new phase appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …