EU Urged to Increase Support for Albania’s Energy Sector, Minister Says

*]:pointer-events-auto R6Vx5W_threadScrollVars scroll-mb-[calc(var(–scroll-root-safe-area-inset-bottom,0px)+var(–thread-response-height))] scroll-mt-[calc(var(–header-height)+min(200px,max(70px,20svh)))]” dir=”auto” data-turn-id=”request-WEB:9cfb2850-4d0c-44d8-95a6-4db4afd2a16c-10″ data-turn-id-container=”request-WEB:9cfb2850-4d0c-44d8-95a6-4db4afd2a16c-10″ data-testid=”conversation-turn-22″ data-turn=”assistant”>

The European Union should allocate more funding to energy infrastructure in Albania and across the Western Balkans, Energy Minister Enea Karakaçi said during the Energy Community Ministerial Council meeting held in Pristina.

Karakaçi stressed the need for faster action to expand renewable energy capacity and strengthen regional interconnection, saying this would enable Albania and neighbouring countries to integrate more renewable electricity into their energy systems.

According to the minister, Albania has met all EU standards in the energy sector. He added that the country currently generates more than 10% of its electricity from solar power.

The post EU Urged to Increase Support for Albania’s Energy Sector, Minister Says appeared first on Euronews Albania.

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …