EU’s Kallas Praises Albania’s Progress Toward Membership

European Union foreign policy chief Kaja Kallas praised Albania’s progress toward EU membership and said the EU is ready to welcome Albania and Montenegro as future members.

Speaking in an interview with a Bosnian news agency, Kallas said the European Union will accelerate its enlargement process and identified the integration of the Western Balkans as a strategic priority for Europe’s security, stability, and future.

She stressed that the EU sees Albania as a strong candidate and has the capacity to admit the country when it meets the necessary conditions. Kallas also emphasized that enlargement is not a competition between countries but a shared effort that strengthens both the European Union and the Western Balkans.

Calling EU accession a two-way process, Kallas urged candidate countries to continue implementing reforms while encouraging the European Union to maintain its commitment to enlargement. She said closer cooperation and sustained reform efforts will help bring Albania and the rest of the Western Balkans closer to full EU membership.

/a.c/

The post EU’s Kallas Praises Albania’s Progress Toward Membership appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …