Fire in Shëngjin mountain brought under control after overnight battle with flames

TIRANA, July 5 – Firefighters brought a blaze under control in the Shëngjin mountain area near the main road in the “Sakë” neighbourhood in Lezha after an overnight operation.

Fire units from Lezha and Tirana worked through the night to contain the flames. Lezha Mayor Pjerin Ndreu said firefighters stayed on the ground without interruption until they managed to control the situation. He thanked them for their commitment and sacrifice.

Meanwhile, Ndreu said the fire situation has repeated itself over time. He linked such incidents either to negligence or, in more serious cases, criminal acts. He rejected claims blaming local authorities for the blaze and described them as unfounded.

The mayor also said that zoning and development plans were approved by the Municipal Council before his mandate. He added that there is no link between such incidents and planning decisions.

Fire crews remained deployed in the area during the day. They monitored hotspots to prevent any re-ignition of the flames.

At the same time, authorities continued investigations to determine the cause of the fire. The blaze started around 21:00 on Friday.

/a.p./

The post Fire in Shëngjin mountain brought under control after overnight battle with flames appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …