FM Hoxha: European Commission is Albania’s strongest advocate, process continues without delays

TIRANA, April 2 – Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs Ferit Hoxha said the European Commission is the strongest advocate Albania has had. He stressed that the country’s European Union integration process continues without delays. At the same time, he described the current phase as a decisive moment for Albania’s modernisation.

Speaking during a discussion with young people and students, Hoxha explained that integration remains a complex process. It requires commitment, credibility, and sustained cooperation with European institutions. In this context, he said Albania must meet its obligations and build trust with its partners.

Our path with the European Union requires three elements. We must complete our tasks. We must remain credible. We must convince our partners, starting with the European Commission,” Hoxha said. He added that Albania and the commission must then convince member states that reforms meet required standards and timelines.

Meanwhile, Hoxha noted that the process includes both technical and political dynamics. However, he stressed that Albania continues to follow a steady pace agreed with the European Commission. He pointed to a key test known as IBARS, describing it as more than an administrative step. According to him, it offers a chance to prove that Albania meets European standards and acts as a reliable partner.

Finally, Hoxha highlighted the role of young people and local institutions in the process. He said active participation, transparency, and accountability remain essential for success. “The more we engage and understand the process, the more we contribute to real results for our country and citizens,” he said.

/a.p./

The post FM Hoxha: European Commission is Albania’s strongest advocate, process continues without delays appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …