Government approves digital identity law, introduces screening of foreign investments in critical sectors

TIRANA, April 1 – The government approved three acts at its latest meeting, Economy and Innovation Minister Delina Ibrahimaj said. One act covers electronic identification, trusted services, and a digital identity wallet. Ibrahimaj said the law will replace paper documents and handwritten signatures.

She explained that the law strengthens legal certainty and unifies provisions previously split across two laws. It sets higher standards for data security and enables the creation of a digital identity wallet. Ibrahimaj said the reform will eliminate paper-based documents and signatures within a short to medium timeframe. She added that public administration will operate without paper once the law takes effect.

The second act addresses European Union integration. The government approved rules on screening foreign investments in critical sectors of the Albanian economy. Ibrahimaj said an interministerial board, led by the economy minister, will review investments from non-European Union countries. The process will start in media and defense sectors. After European Union membership, the board will review all foreign investment requests in critical sectors.

Ibrahimaj said the government completed all benchmarks under Chapter 30 with this decision. She added that the third act supports small and medium-sized enterprises. The government will provide a 100 million euro fund for the Albanian Investment Development Agency. The measures aim to strengthen economic governance, protect strategic sectors, and support business development.

/a.p./

The post Government approves digital identity law, introduces screening of foreign investments in critical sectors appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …

News
Sokrat Vata testifies in court and admits to killing the young Portuguese man: I apologize to his family!

Euronews journalist Eni Ferati has obtained the testimony given before the Saranda Court by Sokrat Vata, the suspect in the killing of a 21-year-old Portuguese tourist, Luis Miguel Varela Mendes in Ksamil. Vata admitted responsibility for the killing but gave his account of the circumstances, claiming that amid the mass …

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …