Hasani: Albania, committed to the fight against extremism

In the side meeting co-organized by Albania, on the situation in northeastern Syria, within the framework of the UN General Assembly’s High Level Week, the Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs, Igli Hasani, emphasized that the Albanian institutions have adopted and implemented successfully a model for identifying and combating violent extremism and the spread of radicalism.
“Albania has voluntarily repatriated most of the women and children of Albanian citizens from Syrian and Iraqi camps. We have designed a program that offers specific opportunities for reintegration, providing housing, work, and assistance to facilitate their full integration into society.
It is essential that we continue to promote a comprehensive approach, in full respect of human rights and fundamental freedoms,” said Minister Hasani.
At the high-level side event “Accountability for Ukraine”, the Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs, Igli Hasani, emphasized that the process of accountability should go hand in hand with peace efforts.
“Albania fully supports the process of holding responsibility for the Russian military aggression against Ukraine. The creation of the register of damages caused by Russian aggression is an important step towards the creation of an international compensation mechanism,” said the Albanian chief diplomat.
Minister Hasani stated that Albania supports the EU initiative for the confiscation of frozen Russian state assets and their use to address the various consequences of Russian aggression against Ukraine.
In June 2024, Albania joined the Core Group on accountability for the crime of aggression against Ukraine, for the establishment of a court for the prosecution of the crime of aggression.
/abcnews.al

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …