Nufi: Albania Remains a Reliable and Committed NATO Ally

Albanian Defence Minister Ermal Nufi reaffirmed Albania’s commitment to NATO during the Athens Defence Conference, organized by the Delphi Economic Forum and the Hellenic Foundation for European and Foreign Policy (ELIAMEP).

Nufi said Europe faces an increasingly challenging security environment. Therefore, he stressed that stronger strategic coordination among allies is essential.

He highlighted Albania’s steady contribution to the NATO Alliance, describing the country as a responsible, committed, and reliable ally. He also noted that Albania is increasing defence spending and modernizing its Armed Forces.

Furthermore, Nufi said Albania actively contributes to NATO operations, European Union missions, and international security initiatives. He added that the country supports a stronger Europe within a stronger NATO.

The minister also emphasized that the Western Balkans must remain a strategic priority for both the European Union and NATO. He warned that the region is increasingly vulnerable to malicious influence, disinformation, hybrid threats, and other destabilizing activities.

The Athens Defence Conference brought together defence ministers, senior NATO military officials, diplomats, security experts, and representatives of the defence industry to discuss key international security challenges and future strategic priorities.

/a.c/

The post Nufi: Albania Remains a Reliable and Committed NATO Ally appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …