PM Rama: 50 Million Euro Sovereign Guarantee for Businesses, Double Funding for Youth Startups

TIRANA, July 2 – Prime Minister Edi Rama said the government has expanded the sovereign guarantee scheme to 50 million euros, aiming to support small and medium-sized enterprises that want to scale up their operations.

Speaking during a discussion with pensioners, Rama stressed that the programme targets small and medium businesses, not large corporations. He said entrepreneurs who lack sufficient capital to expand will now have state-backed access to financing under more favorable conditions, including a credit line supported by the Bank of Albania.

Rama underlined that government backing will remain flexible and responsive to growing demand from the business sector. He linked this approach to broader economic expansion and increased investment activity in the country.

At the same time, the Prime Minister announced a doubling of funding for young innovators engaged in technology startups. He said applications have surged from just over 40 in the early stages to more than 1,000, pushing the available fund to its limits and requiring an expansion of resources.

Rama described economic growth as the foundation for widening public support schemes, noting that Albania’s GDP has risen from under 10 billion euros in earlier years to over 27 billion euros today, with a target of 35 billion euros by 2030. He said this trajectory depends on both domestic and foreign investment.

He also referred to ongoing investments in electric buses for public transport in tourism-heavy municipalities, alongside increased funding for flood protection and fire prevention systems.

/a.p./

The post PM Rama: 50 Million Euro Sovereign Guarantee for Businesses, Double Funding for Youth Startups appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …