PM Rama: National Flight School opens, training and certification also for NATO and Kosova pilots

TIRANA, July 3 – Prime Minister Edi Rama attended the opening of the National Flight School. He described it as an ambitious project for the modernization of the Armed Forces.

He said the initiative was initially met with humour and scepticism. However, Rama added that the project has now become a reality as the school officially opens.

Prime Minister Elbit Systems, describing it as a global leader in the military industry. He said the company contributed expertise and advanced knowledge to the project.

Meanwhile, the Prime Minister said that a decade ago the Armed Forces faced serious difficulties. He referred to past corruption allegations linked to international missions.

He said the situation has changed significantly. According to him, the Armed Forces are now among the best paid in the region. He added that the government aims to bring salaries closer to NATO averages under the “Albania 2030” vision.

In addition, Rama highlighted growing interest among young people in joining the Armed Forces.

He said the National Flight School will train and certify Albanian pilots and also pilots from NATO countries in the region. He specifically mentioned Kosova as part of this cooperation.

At the same time, he noted that Albania now has a fully operational air fleet. He said the country is prepared for seasonal challenges, including wildfire response operations.

/a.p./

The post PM Rama: National Flight School opens, training and certification also for NATO and Kosova pilots appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …

News
Sokrat Vata testifies in court and admits to killing the young Portuguese man: I apologize to his family!

Euronews journalist Eni Ferati has obtained the testimony given before the Saranda Court by Sokrat Vata, the suspect in the killing of a 21-year-old Portuguese tourist, Luis Miguel Varela Mendes in Ksamil. Vata admitted responsibility for the killing but gave his account of the circumstances, claiming that amid the mass …

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …