Protest of Albanian students in North Macedonia, Hoxha: Use of mother tongue is a fundamental right

Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs Ferit Hoxha reacted to the protest of Albanian students in North Macedonia. They demand the right to take exams in Albanian.

In a post on X, Hoxha said the use of the mother tongue is a fundamental right. The Constitution and the Law on the Use of Languages in North Macedonia guarantee this right.

“I closely followed the concern and the legitimate request of Albanian students in North Macedonia to take the exam in Albanian,” Hoxha wrote.

He stressed that using the mother tongue is a fundamental right. The Constitution of North Macedonia and the Law on the Use of Languages guarantee it. No procedure should limit or delay this right.

Hoxha said institutions must find fair and sustainable solutions if procedures are unclear or incomplete.

“This issue requires careful and responsible treatment. It must stay away from politicization. Institutions should address it seriously and respect fundamental rights,” he added.

Hoxha said democracies have both mechanisms and maturity to find solutions. They must harmonize the rule of law, legislation, and citizens’ rights.

He praised the students for their civic engagement and democratic approach. He called for a responsible response through constructive dialogue and solutions that fully respect guaranteed rights.

/a.c/

The post Protest of Albanian students in North Macedonia, Hoxha: Use of mother tongue is a fundamental right appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …