Rama: Fincantieri–KAYO Agreement Opens Job Opportunities in Naval Industry

Prime Minister Edi Rama has said that the cooperation between Italy’s Fincantieri and the Albanian state company KAYO marks an important step toward strengthening Albania’s military and naval industry.

He said the agreement focuses on internships and job opportunities in shipbuilding and maritime industry development.

Rama stated that the partnership begins a new phase for the Pashaliman naval base, describing it as a major industrial project built on international expertise and investment.

He said Albania is now entering a new stage where the military industry is being rebuilt step by step through strategic agreements like this one.

According to Rama, the state company KAYO plays a central role in managing these partnerships and ensuring that the Albanian state actively participates both legally and financially.

He added that the project creates a system where public and private partners share economic benefits while strengthening national capacity.

Rama emphasized that the agreement also supports the training of a new generation of Albanian specialists who will work in the emerging naval industrial center in Vlora.

He confirmed that the project will create around 500 well-paid jobs, describing them as part of a new industrial system under development.

He also said that students from the “Pavarësia” Industrial School will play a key role in this process. Fincantieri will organize training programs, and selected students will train directly at the company’s shipyards in Italy.

Rama described the initiative as a positive development for Vlora and for vocational education in Albania, calling it an important step for youth employment and industrial growth.

/a.c/

The post Rama: Fincantieri–KAYO Agreement Opens Job Opportunities in Naval Industry appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …