“Revenues have reached historic levels,” says Minister Malaj: We forecast an additional €1 billion in 2026

The Minister of Finance, Petrit Malaj, held a press conference today where he presented an overview of the country’s economic growth.

Increasing revenues, improving digital services, and developing systems through Artificial Intelligence are strategic objectives aimed at meeting European standards.

During his remarks, Minister Malaj stated that the Albanian economy is advancing with a more efficient fiscal system that supports economic growth and combats informality. Revenues have reached historic levels, and for 2026 they are expected to increase by more than €1 billion, without raising the burden on citizens.

Malaj said: “The Albanian economy is in a new phase of its development, where public finances are no longer simply an administrative instrument, but a real engine of the country’s economic growth. Today, we have a fiscal system that supports economic growth and fights informality, and we are working to align our framework with EU requirements.

Revenues have reached historic levels as a result of reforms, sound administration, and increased fiscal awareness among all Albanian citizens, operators, and taxpayers. For 2026, we are planning over €1 billion in additional revenues, which translates into more investments.

This growth does not come as a result of increasing taxes or placing a heavier burden on citizens, but rather from better administration. We are making very good progress regarding the Growth Plan. These are objectives agreed upon with the EU, and a significant part of them has been fulfilled ahead of deadlines.

We have also seen increased efficiency in inspections carried out by both the tax administration and the customs administration.”

The post “Revenues have reached historic levels,” says Minister Malaj: We forecast an additional €1 billion in 2026 appeared first on Euronews Albania.

Original post Here

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …

News
Sokrat Vata testifies in court and admits to killing the young Portuguese man: I apologize to his family!

Euronews journalist Eni Ferati has obtained the testimony given before the Saranda Court by Sokrat Vata, the suspect in the killing of a 21-year-old Portuguese tourist, Luis Miguel Varela Mendes in Ksamil. Vata admitted responsibility for the killing but gave his account of the circumstances, claiming that amid the mass …

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …