RTSH targets digital transformation, Director Vasili: Public media must be present wherever the audience is

TIRANA, July 6 – RTSH Director General Eni Vasili highlighted digital transformation as the public broadcaster’s main strategic priority during a parliamentary committee session reviewing RTSH’s 2025 performance.

She said public media must reach audiences wherever they consume content. According to Vasili, the future of public broadcasting depends on a strong presence across every digital platform.

The public media of the future is measured by its ability to be present on every platform where the audience is today,” she said.

The transformation programme includes new digital platforms, upgraded technology, expanded on-demand services and stronger cyber security. In addition, RTSH plans editorial and organisational reforms while accelerating the digitisation of its audiovisual archive to meet European public media standards.

Vasili also presented the findings of a report by the European Broadcasting Union (EBU). She said the organisation examined RTSH’s readiness for transformation and identified the reforms needed to secure its long-term sustainability. She added that RTSH published the full report on its website and distributed it to relevant institutions to ensure transparency.

The EBU identifies RTSH as Albania’s leading public service broadcaster. However, it also highlights structural, financial and operational challenges that have accumulated over the years. Finally, the report recommends a new operating model that better aligns institutional strategy, organisational structure, technology, funding and editorial priorities for the digital age.

/a.p./

The post RTSH targets digital transformation, Director Vasili: Public media must be present wherever the audience is appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …