Shkodër protected areas activate fire monitoring network

TIRANA, July 7 – No fires have been reported so far in the protected areas of Shkodër region, despite high temperatures and a significant increase in visitors during the summer season.

The Administration of Protected Areas (AdZM) Shkodër said cooperation with municipalities and fire services has strengthened prevention measures. The institution has also activated an early warning and monitoring network to ensure rapid responses to possible fire incidents.

AdZM Shkodër Director Agim Dardha said the administration has prepared technical and organisational measures for fire management. The plan includes cooperation agreements with local institutions and village representatives to create firefighting teams and improve emergency reporting.

Meanwhile, Dardha highlighted the importance of raising awareness among local communities, tourism operators, guides, and visitors. He said guides must inform tourists about safety measures during camping and outdoor activities to prevent fires.

Fire prevention and management remain key challenges for AdZM Shkodër, especially during the summer months when risks increase. Protected areas cover around 40% of the Shkodër region’s territory, with nearly 160,000 hectares, making it the region with the highest share of protected land in Albania.

/a.p./

The post Shkodër protected areas activate fire monitoring network appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …