Saranda sees rising tourist arrivals as visitors embrace Albanian cuisine

TIRANA, July 2 – Saranda has entered the summer season with a higher number of visitors than during the same period last year, according to local tourism businesses. Operators said tourist arrivals have increased steadily from month to month, boosting activity across the hospitality and services sectors.

Meanwhile, businesses said foreign visitors show strong interest in traditional Albanian food. Tourism manager Donald Aliko said local dishes rank among tourists’ top choices, while fresh fish remains the most popular option because of Saranda’s coastal location. He added that visitor arrivals started earlier this year and described the season so far as very positive.

To meet higher demand, businesses have improved their services and expanded their workforce. Many employers have also hired foreign workers, mainly from Asian countries and India, to address labour shortages during the peak summer season. Tourism operators expect visitor numbers to continue rising throughout the summer, strengthening Saranda’s position as one of southern Albania’s leading tourist destinations.

/a.p./

The post Saranda sees rising tourist arrivals as visitors embrace Albanian cuisine appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …