Joint exercise with British troops, Vengu: Response to the reality of security in the region

The Minister of Defense, Pirro Vengu, participated in the DVDay (Distinguished Visitors Day) of the joint exercise between the Albanian and British troops “Austere wolf – 24”.

During his speech, he said that this exercise is a response to the reality of security in the Western Balkans region.

“Commitment to this exercise is definitely not only a need of both forces but also a response to the reality of security in our region.

These interactions create a clear example of our countries’ commitment and focus on improving capacity, operational readiness and infrastructure as a condition for this readiness.

The geographical location between our two countries may not be close in coordinates, but it becomes negligible when it comes to the common strategic interests of NATO.

Therefore, the VIII Response Corridor not only shows the growth of our military capabilities, but also the role of Albania as a logistics hub for allied operations,” said the minister.

Further, he added that the main mission is to strengthen security at a time when Southeast Europe is constantly facing malignant influences.

/abcnews.al

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …