Special anti-corruption prosecution chief: Strategy targets 70% cut in case backlog

TIRANA, July 3 – Special Anti-Corruption and Organized Crime Structure (SPAK) chief Klodian Braho said the institution has finalized its strategy against organized crime and aims to reduce its case backlog by more than 70%.

Reporting to Parliament’s Committee on Legal Affairs and Public Administration on SPAK’s 2025 activity, Braho said the institution has strengthened strategic analysis, investigative quality, and interagency cooperation in line with parliamentary recommendations.

Meanwhile, SPAK has established a working group and an interinstitutional mechanism to analyse organized crime groups. With international support, it is preparing its first Strategic Assessment of the Organized Crime Threat, which Braho said will become a public policy tool later this year.

In addition, SPAK reviewed security measure practices from 2021 to 2025 to improve investigative standards. The institution also handled more than 230 election-related reports and opened over 150 criminal proceedings during 2021-2025, including 46 cases linked to the May 11, 2025 parliamentary elections.

Braho said SPAK continues to expand financial investigations through blockchain analysis and cryptocurrency tracing. The institution currently accesses 22 of 40 state databases and seeks broader access.

Furthermore, SPAK has launched its 2025-2027 backlog reduction strategy. The plan targets a 70% reduction in pending cases while preserving investigative quality and procedural rights.

Braho also announced preparations to recruit 40 new investigators for the National Bureau of Investigation and highlighted stronger international cooperation through 32 joint investigation teams and expanded legal assistance with foreign partners.

/a.p./

The post Special anti-corruption prosecution chief: Strategy targets 70% cut in case backlog appeared first on RTSH English.

Original post Here

News
Rama to gather government cabinet in Pogradec

Prime Minister Edi Rama will gather his government cabinet for a two-day meeting in Pogradec on August 23 and 24. The meeting will be held in a “retreat” format, with ministers expected to report on the work carried out so far and present their priorities for the coming months. The …

News
President Begaj in Italy, welcomed by Mattarella and Meloni; supports Albania’s athletes at the Mediterranean Games

President of the Republic Bajram Begaj has visited Italy, where he attended the opening ceremony of the “Taranto 2026” Mediterranean Games in support of the Albanian team of athletes. During the visit, President Begaj was welcomed by his Italian counterpart, Sergio Mattarella, as well as by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia …

News
Excavations in Zubin Potok completed

The excavation and exhumation of human remains at three locations in Mala Kaludra and Jabuka, in Zubin Potok, where three mass graves have been confirmed, have been completed, Kosovo’s Government Commission on Missing Persons announced. The excavations began in late July in villages in northern Kosovo, and authorities have confirmed …